Thursday, November 13, 2014

The famous korean folk singer - Kim guang seok

  Kim guang seok was born at 1964 and died at 1996.   He only used guitar singing songs.
And He tried to show the public the meaning of life through music, so Many people loved him.
His music lead us to the feast of normal life reminding how beautiful and sorrowful it is.  Most singer like to sing about love and ambition but he liked to sing about ordinary life carried by common people.   His music can be characterized by sadness overall.  I can seldom find shallowness or gaiety but weight of life in his music.  So Thanks to his music, We can easily focus on wonders of life ignored by people themselves.  Young people did not like much his music because they tried to find things making life far nicer than Old people used to be, pursuing  brand new like rap or hip hop.  but his many fans went to his performance and enjoyed his music in the unique concert hall, which is so small fans had to crowd together in the confined space sitting knee to knee.    The crowd looked like seekers of truth at that moment. and Kim guang seok accomplished 1000 times performances as a great record.



 but Finally, Kim guang seok took a decisive knock delivered by the legendary musical group 'Seo jae ji and boys'. whom I plan to introduce someday.   Unfortunately,  He was in despair, took his own life.    
 As time goes on, ironically kim guang seok is more popular than ever today.  Korean people are feeling sick and tired of hearing brand new music.  and They have realized the important things the music should go toward and there were philosophies making common people like us be great in his music.

 The music I 'd like to introduce among his music is "A private's letter".  This music help you understand the military service of south korea.  As you know the korea is divided nation.   So Every young people in korea must enlist as soldier like israel .  When the young receive the notice of military service, he feel sorrow thinking leaving home and beloved friends.


-A private's letter-


The lyrics "A private's letter" is as follows.

-A private's letter-

"The day when I went to the training school by train and left the home.
When I bowed deeply to the parents and get out of a door,
There was something regretful in my mind  and everything even a single plant and friends' faces
look new.
From now on,  I start my life of youth all over again.

My friends , when I go to the military, Please write me letters.
not to make me forget happy days we shared.
By the time the train arrived, We held our hot hands together .
The farther the train whistled in the distance,
The faster your images faded away little by little.
From now on,  I start my life of youth all over again.

At the first time I cut my hair short, It looked funny but
My image in the mirror gradually make me feel sorrow and grief to the heart.
If I climb the back hill, I wonder if my village be visible.
When the sound of trumpet spreads in the dark night,
I fold a private' s letter and send it.
From now on,  I start my life of youth all over again."


The second song continuing is "Around thirty years old"


-Around thirty years old-

The lyric is as follows

"The day die away again
Like cigarette smoke I exhale.

Into my tiny memory
What do I put for a living.

going away more and more
is my youth that stay forever I mistook.

My mind is getting emptier
I cannot find anything anymore.

The season will come back
but Where is my love leaved.

It was not me to let go.
It was not me to go away.

Being out my of mind
is the love that stay forever I mistook.

The day die away again
I am living everyday saying goodbye.

I am living everyday saying goodbye."



Please enjoy kim's other songs listed as follows.

-Forgetting mind-


-In the street-


-where the wind blows in-


-write the letter on the cloudy fall' sky-


-I loved but-






No comments:

Post a Comment