Thursday, November 13, 2014

The famous korean singer - IU


IU has now grown into one of the most talented female vocalist spreading widely overseas as a rising K-pop star. Her fascinating vocal and diverse music sensibility covers a wide range as an Idol but also as an artist. She has created her own field of music and her own way to communicate with her fans by the apparent belief just like her name ‘IU’ which means ‘You and I become one by music’.





 I liker her very much because there are few woman singers like her characterized by high maturity and vocal sound covering a wide range unlike her age.

 I introduce the song recently released by her at 2014. The theme is "My old story".
and I also strongly recommend you to listen next song  listed below subsequently.





 The lyrics of "My old story" is as follows.

"Do you remember the lonely alley.
 I still remember that.

Did you know those days We couldn't say each other "I love you" due to shyness?

I still love those past beautiful nights during which we were too childish.

What a childish person you were!
You are about to take away my everything.
How heartless you are!
I still don't know why you were so speechless, Because of shyness, or hate?

Please come back to me, if you hear the song I sing.
Oh my love, I am still waiting.

How heartless you are!
This night is also about to take away my everything.
What a childish person you were!

No matter it's Tonight or tomorrow night, the next night.
I will wait forever."


Here are others sung by IU  

-"You and me" released at 2011.-


-"sogyucdong" released at 2014.-
This is really beautiful. I watched it first without subtitles and really appreciated the song and the art. Like most english speakers I didn't totally understand the story, but the video did a good job getting the general idea across.

After reading comments and watching with subtitles it's a very sad story, and I appreciate how well emotions are shown here without showing any violence or blood.

I wish more music was like this in North America.  - by someone in America


                            click to listen

No comments:

Post a Comment