Thursday, November 13, 2014

The famous korean singer -CHO YOUNG PIL

CHO YOUNG PIL is a famous singer born in korea at 1950's.  He was a very popular singer not only in korea, but also japan and china.
A world-famous acoustic engineer Tony Maserati highly appreciated CHO YOUN PIL.
Tony Maserati is known as a artist who was in charge of sound technicians for Destiny's Child, Beyonce,  The Black Eyed Peas , Alicia Keys, John Legend, Lady GaGa .
 He said "I thought I was a man familiar with K-POP, but When I heard the songs of CHO YONG PIL, I was shocked. I found out many things quite different from what I had expected in K-pop.  CHO YOUNG PIL has a excellent ability of producing and a high musical maturity.  His music included various sounds of whole world.  The music in chinese-speaking countries is not easy to understand and unfamiliar, but in K-POP, there are common things easily understandable like swedish,  english pop.."



The song I introduce is "Kilimanjaro's Leopard" released at 1985






The lyrics is as follows


" (monologue)
Have you ever seen a hyena looking for decayed meat wandering in the foot of a mountain, the Hyena only looking for decayed meat of animals?
I'd rather be a Leopard not a hyena,  I'd rather be a leopard which love to climb the top of the mountain and die there snowfield due to hunger and cold.

 Being great after sleeping one night, being down at heel after sleeping another night,
I am at rest in the dark corner of  the earth for a while.
I am nowhere else in the middle of city lights filled with ambition.
I don't care about being thoroughly abandoned like this alone in the middle of the city.
Because there was a man named Gogh who was more unfortunate than I am .

(singing)
 I cannot come like wind, and go away like dew , isn't it?
I shall leave a trace saying I was here,  even if I vanish away like smoke,
I must blaze up like twinkling light.
Don't ask me why I tried to climb up for such high limit.
I don't care there's no one aware of a lonely man's burning soul.

 (monologue)
 Even though there 's no things comfort me when I feel empty and lonely in life in this world,  People says It's love make the world looks like beautiful place.
 They don't know how much the love makes man alone, to the such extent the love itself to be.
You told me you like a cricket, I love cricket too,
You told me you like a lilac, I love a lilac too.
You told me you like night, I love night too.
And I do love my youth that sometimes looks splendid, sometimes lonely, and looks like glass full of or  sometimes empty of.   Here's to my youth, Cheers!

(singing)
The love is lonely because We put our destinies in it.
We are lonely, it's because of putting the whole things in it,
Demanding whole things including love and dream.
It causes loneliness to demand whole things.
The love is a heartbreaking passion making farewell visible.
What is there in the end of the passion?
No matter losing everything, the love shall be unregretful.
Only if to do so,  We can say we loved.

(monologue)
No matter how deep night it will be, I shall be a wisp of light.
No matter there will be a barren land,  I shall be a sound of clear water.
No matter a strong storm will sweep plants and trees, I shall be a invincible tree.
The twenty-first century longs for me, that's why I live now.

(singing)
Is that cloud or snow?  The high place, Kilimanjaro.
I am going to go to the mountain today again,
It'll be OK for me to be one part of the mountain shaking hands with loneliness I meet .

la la la la~  la~  la~


And I'd like to link others sung by Cho yong pil.


Please, Enjoy.

-The red dragonfly released at 1981-




-I miss  very much the girl with Short hair -   released at 1979-





-The teahouse at the winter-






-Oh my friend-  Some chinese asserts this song originated from china, but it's not true.     'Oh my friend' was released by Cho ,at 1983. 






 -The woman out of window-







-Oh my poor lover!-






-The scratch-






-Where are you nightingale?- At The public performance in japan







-The tragic love- 





No comments:

Post a Comment